Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Could pins in my foot move 2 yrs aft. surgery and cause pain? Has anyone had this happen or seen this.?

I had surgery in 2004 and had pins placed in the 5th metarsal (sp) right at the joint midfoot. No problems since. About a week ago I was laying down and just moved my foot as to strech. I felt what seemed like a %26quot;catch%26quot; in that area and it was painful. Today I had a pedicure and noticed it was VERY tender in that area now. No pain when walking or wearing shoes. Just when it was massaged. It looks like there might be a little swelling at one end of the scar where its tender/sore.

Could pins in my foot move 2 yrs aft. surgery and cause pain? Has anyone had this happen or seen this.?
I have never had pins in my foot, but I have had them in my ankle and I think usually the process is to remove them before they have been in there for 2 years. Before too long after healing, with pins still in place, arthritis begins to set in around the pins and causes pain such as what you are describing. You should talk to your surgeon and see if you should have them removed. You might feel better and get rid of the possibility of any more arthritis threats. Hope you feel better soon!



maintenance repairs

No comments:

Post a Comment